Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Calee

The more people I meet, the more I love my sister. It's not that I don't love broadening my horizons through getting to know others, it's just that it makes me realize my sister is just that great.
My favorite aspect of our relationship is its simplicity. There's no deception, no psychological games, no competition. Basically, it lacks the pettiness that so easily makes itself welcome in any close relationship.
In short, it is what it is.
My second favorite part is our candidness. For instance, the other day when mom asked Sister J to define "diva," she replied, without hesitation, "Nikki Kocina." Then I told her she's an obnoxious child and we moved on from our squabble. No hard feelings. (By the way, that's the best you got, Sees?).
At the risk of sounding trite, our sisterhood is so real, honest, raw. You could say our sisterhood "just knows." (Shout out to those of you who caught the satire there).
In all seriousness, I love my sister. I love that I don't have to entertain her company. I love that I have a constant to lean on always. I love that we share a sense of humor that includes making fun of life and drinking Starbs. I love that she tells me to shut up when I have spent too long talking superfluously about boys and Nordstrom. All of this is because she holds me to a high standard. She keeps me on track. And she makes coming home for the Holidays that much more fun.

I love you Neurns, Sisty, Sees, Seester, Bean, Nurnies, Chessy, Chester Louise.















No comments:

Post a Comment